.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Glossier Balm Dotcom: Universal Skin Salve

http://www.lightsandlatte.com/2016/06/glossier-balm-dotcom.html

So I have been in a mini hiatus again lately. I really missed blogging for you guys! There were some work and personal issues I needed to attend to. For my comeback post, I decided to review a product that has parked in my purse ever since I got it. It's none other than Glossier's Balm Dotcom.

About Glossier
Glossier (gloss-ee-AY) started as a successful beauty blog IntotheGloss.com since 2010 and started their skincare product line just in 2014. Emily Weiss, a former fashion assistant at Vogue, is the founder and CEO of Glossier. I have watched several of her interviews and she is inspiring. She was featured in Forbes 30 under 30 in 2015 and yup, I already followed her on Instagram and Snapchat lol.

For my first Glossier product, I decided to get one of their bestsellers, the Balm Dotcom Universal Skin Salve. It's an all around balm you can use on your lips, elbows, and elsewhere that is running low on its moisture bank. I chose the Cherry variant which is part of their recent releases. My favorite thing about it is its smell. It smells like the cherry bubblegum I used to buy from a sari sari store when I was young - those red little round bubblegums. My second favorite thing is its formulation. It's non-sticky, lightweight, and really hydrating for my chapped and parched lips. The packaging is a simple yet delightful minimalist tube which I love. 


Glossier Cherry Balm Dotcom Philippines

Other reasons why I love this product:
- hypoallergenic
- dermatologist tested
- paraben free
- fragrance free
- not tested on animals

Key Ingredients:
Emollients:
Castor Seed Oil
Beeswax
Lanolin
Moisturizer:
Cupuacu Fruit Extract
(with Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids)
Antioxidants:
Rice Bran
Rosemary Leaf Extracts

I got this from @makeupdepot IG store for P750 (but upon checking it's already at P790). The price is quite steep for a 15ml product which is a con but for me it's worth it. 
Glossier Cherry Balm Dotcom Philippines

Glossier Cherry Balm Dotcom Philippines

Where else can you use Balm Dotcom?
- elbows
- cuticles
- dry patches on face
- nipples for nursing mothers
- anywhere you fancy

I use this during daytime and also at night before I sleep. I use it on its own or under my favorite lipstick. This will definitely be a staple and a permanent resident on my purse.

Other Glossier products I want to try:

Image source: glossier.com
I'm pretty excited about this brand and I hope to try more of their products. I am specifically eyeing the Mega Greens Galaxy Pack face mask, Milk Jelly Cleanser, and Priming Moisturizer. 

Beauty Directory
Glossier
Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Snapchat (glossier.irl)

Follow me on FacebookInstagramYouTube, Snapchat (@jabsmd), and Twitter for more Lights & Latte scoop

No comments :

Post a Comment