.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Little Beauty Bits - Mini Products I've Been Loving

I always adore mini beauty bits and sample products not only for their cuteness but simply because they help me decide which products to get by trying them out on my skin. I do read product reviews but each of our skin will have a unique reaction to different products. These samples and minis will save me a lot of money for a full size product that won't work for me. Among the numerous bits I have, these are the ones I reach for the most. 


For my chapped lips - Apart from Glossier Balm Dotcom, I also tried and loved this Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Yes, you've read it right, "Nipple" balm for lips. This can be used not only for parched lips, but also for nursing mothers whenever their areola and nipple area gets very dry form lactating. I use my Glossier everyday and reserve this one for severe cases of dryness. I got this sample for free from Sephora.ph upon checkout.

For skin detox on my T-zone - This Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is all I need for my weekly dose of detox. I put this one on my forehead, nose, and chin area where it is usually oily. Take note, I have combination skin type. For those with oily skin, I recommend putting this all over your face. I just leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with water after. I got this one for free at Origins Megamall. 

For toning and exfoliating- I have always loved Glycolic Acid in my skincare routine and this mini Pixi Glow Tonic is the one I'm reaching out for more often. This acid is an AHA which is a good chemical exfoliant. It is advised to use a cotton pad but I prefer using my hands and pat this product all over my face. It contains 5% Glycolic Acid which is perfect for twice daily use.  I got this from Glamourbox for P390 (15mL). 

For eliminating skin dullness - Philosophy Brighten My Day Brightening Essence is the first essence I have used and incorporated in my routine. I use it before my night cream. It has a milky texture and is easily absorbed. I am not a fan of the smell but it is tolerable. I noticed my skin is less dull after a week of using it every night. I got this for free from Sephora.ph. They gave me a Philosophy skincare kit since I ordered two products from the brand.

For my tired eyes - I use Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment for my eye area for its moisturizing and anti-aging properties. This product is packed with anti-aging antioxidants and mineral pigments for subtle luminosity. It's non-sticky, fragrance-free, lightweight, and packaged in a pump bottle. This was given to me as a gift by a friend.

The only thing mini about them is their size! They have been nothing but giants of my skincare routine. Any other beauty minis would you recommend? Share them down below!

Follow me on FacebookInstagramYouTube, Snapchat (@jabsmd), and Twitter for more Lights & Latte scoop

No comments :

Post a Comment